INFORMATION WE MAY COLLECT FROM YOU
We may collect and process the following information from you:
- Information that you provide by registering with us through our website www.airport-transfers.com, or such other domain pointing thereto. This includes information provided at the time of registering to use the Website (which may be directly through the Website, or through third party service providers, and in the case of the latter, we will obtain the personal data you have provided to the third party service provider), making a Booking, posting material or requesting further information or services. We may also ask you for information when you report a problem with our Website.
- If you contact us, we may keep a record of that correspondence.
- We may also ask you to complete surveys that we use for research purposes, although you do not have to respond to them.
- Details of your visit to the Website, including Bookings requested or quoted for, page response times, lengths of visit, transactions you carry out through our Website and of the fulfilment of your Booking.
- Details of your visits to our Website including, but not limited to, login information, browser type and version, traffic data, location data, weblogs and other communication data, and the resources that you access, so we may compile statistics relating to your use of the Website.
RETENTION OF YOUR PERSONAL DATA
We take appropriate measures to ensure that any personal data is kept secure and for the duration of your use of our Services. Unfortunately, the transmission of information via the internet is not completely secure. Although we will do our best to protect your personal data, we cannot guarantee the security of your data when transmitted to our Website; any transmission is at your own risk. Once we have received your information, we will use strict procedures and security features to try to prevent unauthorised access.
The Website may give you access to message boards or forums from time to time. You acknowledge and agree that any personal data published by you using these features is at your sole discretion and is accessible by the public.
If your personal details change you may update them by accessing the relevant page of the Website. If you have any questions about how we use data collected which relates to you, please contact us by sending a request by email to the contact details below.
USES MADE OF YOUR INFORMATION
We use information held about you in the following ways:
- To ensure that content from our Website is presented in the most effective manner for you and for your computer.
- To provide you with information about other services we offer that are similar to those that you have already purchased or enquired about.
- To carry out our obligations arising from any contracts entered into between you and us.
- To allow you to participate in interactive features of our service, when you choose to do so.
- To notify you about changes to our service.
- To part of our efforts to keep our Website safe and secure.
- To make suggestions and recommendations to you and other users of the Website about services that may interest you or them.
In addition to the above uses we may use your information, or permit selected third parties to use your information, to notify you about goods or services which may be of interest to you. For such uses we will only contact you by electronic means (e-mail or SMS) if you have consented to such communication when we collect your data OR if the contact relates to services similar to those which were the subject of a previous transaction with you.
If you do not want us to use your data in this way, please do not complete the sign up process.
DISCLOSURE OF YOUR INFORMATION
If you make a Booking through the Website, we will provide the Third Party Provider and their driver with your name and telephone number.
We may disclose your personal information to any member of our group, which means our subsidiaries, our ultimate holding company and its subsidiaries, as defined in section 1159 of the UK Companies Act 2006 (where applicable).
Notwithstanding any terms to the contrary, we may disclose your personal data to third parties:
- Business partners, suppliers and sub-contractors for the performance of any contract we enter into with them or you.
- Analytics and search engine providers that assist us in the improvement and optimisation of the Website.
- In the event that we sell or buy any business or assets, in which case we may disclose your personal data to the prospective seller or buyer of such business or assets; or
- If we or substantially all of our assets are acquired by a third party, in which case personal data held by us about our customers will be one of the transferred assets; or
- If we are under a duty to disclose or share your personal data in order to comply with any legal obligation, or in order to enforce or apply our Terms and Conditions and other agreements; or
- To protect the rights, property, or safety of www.airport-transfers.com, our users and any third party we interact with to provide the App and the Website.
IP ADDRESSES AND COOKIES
WHERE WE STORE YOUR PERSONAL DATA
All information you provide to us is stored on our secure servers. Any payment transactions will be encrypted. Where we have given you (or where you have chosen) a password which enables you to access certain parts of the Website, you are responsible for keeping this password confidential. We ask you not to share a password with anyone.
You have the right to ask us not to process your personal data for marketing purposes. We will usually inform you (before collecting your data) if we intend to use your data for such purposes or if we intend to disclose your information to any third party for such purposes. You can exercise your right to prevent such by not signing up. You can also exercise the right at any time by contacting us using our contact details set out below.
ACCESS TO INFORMATION
The Data Protection Act gives you the right to access information held about you. Your right of access can be exercised in accordance with the Data Protection Act. Any access request may be subject to a fee of £10 to meet our costs in providing you with details of the information we hold about you.
A cookie is a small file of letters and numbers that we store on your browser or the hard drive of your computer if you agree. Cookies contain information that is transferred to your computer’s hard drive.
The cookies we use include:
- “Analytical” cookies. They allow us to recognise and count the number of visitors and to see how visitors move around the App or Website when they are using it. This helps us to improve the way our website works, for example, by ensuring that users are finding what they are looking for easily.
- “Strictly necessary” cookies. These are cookies that are required for the operation of our website. They include, for example, cookies that enable you to log into secure areas of our website, use a shopping cart or make use of e-billing services.
- “Functionality” cookies. These are used to recognise you when you return to our website. This enables us to personalise our content for you, greet you by name and remember your preferences (for example, your choice of language or region).
- “Targeting” cookies. These cookies record your visit to our App or Website, the pages you have visited and the links you have followed. We will use this information to make our App and Website and the advertising displayed on it more relevant to your interests. We may also share this information with third parties for this purpose.
You can find more information about the individual cookies we use and the purposes for which we use them in the table below.
Cookie: Form Authentication
Purpose: Once consumer logged in, this cookie will be generated to store consumer information i.e. User Id, First name, Last name and Email address in encrypted format. This cookie will be removed once consumer logged out from the system or close the browser.
You block cookies by clicking the pop up when browsing the website thus allows you to refuse the setting of all or some cookies. However, if you use your browser settings to block all cookies (including essential cookies) you may not be able to access all or parts of our site.